Planning a Smoky Mountain wedding and need a marriage license? It's easy. Just review the information below and decide which location is most convenient for you or apply online.
Sevier County Clerk's Online Marriage License Office.
Marriage License Locations
Sevier County Court House
125 Court Avenue
Sevierville, TN 37862
Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 5:30pm
Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Online Wedding License Center
Fill out a marriage license pre-application online within 30 days of your planned nuptials in Sevier County (which includes Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Pittman Center) and then pick up your completed license when you and your future spouse arrive in town.
Holiday Hours are subject to change, please call ahead.
Sevier County Clerk Pigeon Forge
(Located behind City Hall)
300 Pine Mountain Road
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sevier County Clerk Gatlinburg
405 Regan Drive
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Monday & Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 8:30am – Noon
Marriage License Requirements
Over 18 (Both participants)
Under 18 (Either participant)
- Must know Social Security Number
- Must have one of the following: Valid Drivers License, State Issued ID, Military ID, Valid Passport, Certified Birth Certificate (NO COPIES)
- Previously married party must know the date the divorce was final or date of death
Must contact office for requirements.
- Both parties must be present for the issuance of the marriage license
- Marriage licenses are only valid for 30 days after date of purchase
- License can be used same day as applied for
- Cash only and correct change is appreciated
For further information please contact the Sevier County Court House. Please see hours listed above.