5) Zip through the mountains! Sevierville zip line attractions offer a unique way to view fall leaves. Adventure Park at Five Oaks zips guests through the foothills tree canopy to the edge of the famed Parkway. This course is directly across the street from Tanger Outlet Center Sevierville, providing a great option for those seeking adventure while others enjoy outlet shopping savings. Adrenaline Park is another adrenaline-fueled way to enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors. Zipline across the French Broad River; or step onto the world’s largest Glass Bottom Sky Bridge for a mountain view. Finally, check out Climb Works Canopy Tours for an eco-focused zipline canopy tour that runs alongside Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
4) Ride horseback through the foothills. Adventure Park at Five Oaks provides fantastic views and stable steeds for a trot through the foothills. Looking for more equine adventure? Hop on the horses at Sugarlands Riding Stables for a saddle tour of the mountains (you can also enjoy a hayride).
3) Cross America’s longest swinging bridge on a tour that will be both meaningful and adventurous at Foxfire Mountain Adventures. The hour-long Swinging Bridge Adventure tour crosses the aptly named “Bridge to Prosperity” and then invites participants to hang a wishing tag (complete with heartfelt wish) in the trail’s covered bridge for the winds of prosperity to blow through and grant the wishes.
2) View the leaves from above with Scenic Helicopter Tours. Take a quick flight over the foothills or venture into Great Smoky Mountains National Park for a birds-eye-view view of the park’s incredible fall foliage. Flights range from $9 per person for an introductory experience to flying over a large portion of the national park (approximately 100 miles).
1) Take a hike in the woods. Great Smoky Mountains National Park offers over 800 miles of maintained trails for a variety of fitness levels. Choose an easy paved trail for a quick stroll with the family or challenge yourself with a hike to the top of Mt. LeConte. Stop at the Sugarlands Visitor Center just inside the park for more information about selecting a trail or visit.
To plan your adventurous fall vacation in Sevierville and the Great Smoky Mountains, visit us online at VisitSevierville.com or call 1-888-738-4378 for information on accommodation.