November is a great time of year to enjoy the best of the Smoky Mountains. Read on to learn why.
A change of season, some sparkling lights and a great time to shop? That’s November in a nutshell here in the Smoky Mountains.
November is a great time to visit the Smoky Mountains for a variety of reasons. Here are our Top 5!
5) Late Autumn Color – 2014 has been a late-peaking year for fall color in the Smoky Mountains, so visitors in the early part of November will still get to enjoy gorgeous autumn hues in the Great Smoky Mountains and surrounding towns. Even after the leaves are gone, you can enjoy sweeping mountain views that are unlike anything you see when the leaves are on the trees.
4) Smoky Mountain Winterfest - We are celebrating 25 years of Smoky Mountain Winterfest in 2014-15! From November 10 through February 28, millions of lights can be viewed in fanciful displays all along our 25 mile long Parkway. Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg all get in on the event with a variety of light displays, tours and special events throughout each city. Plus, check out great light attractions – like Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland at Smokies Stadium, a mile-and-a-half drive through light experience! Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas is another must-see for holiday shows, decorations and fun. Get a map of Sevierville Winterfest lights here.
3) Shopping - Black Friday and the weekend following are great times to shop Sevierville. Our famous outlet mall, Tanger Outlets Sevierville, holds an annual Thanksgiving Moonlight Sale beginning Thanksgiving night. Shop more than 100 high end name brand outlets like Coach, Michael Kors and Lenox. Then check out the Black Friday sales at hot spots like sporting goods giant Bass Pro as well. The 88,000 square foot Smoky Mountain Knifeworks mega store features cutlery, kitchen gadgets and relics – you can even buy ancient fossils there! Looking for something even more unexpected? Shop your way through some of the most unique outlets anywhere– everything from Russell Stover’s chocolate outlets to Beef Jerky outlets are found in Sevierville!
2) Special Events - While the Winterfest light displays are an incredible reason to visit the area all by themselves, our Smoky Mountain cities still offer plenty of great events throughout Winterfest (http://visitsevierville.com/SpecialEvents.aspx). Attend Sevierville’s 52nd Annual Christmas Parade on December 6 or Sugarfest on December 11! This event is all about the sweets and features dessert samples from more than 20 restaurants and civic groups, plus a live auction for decadent cakes, pies and candies! Then make plans to ring in the New Year in Gatlinburg with an exciting ball drop and dancing.
1) Great Deals - If you’re looking for a great getaway just before the holidays, you may be in luck. Sevierville lodging properties offer plenty of packages and travel specials (especially for mid-week travel excluding holidays) that can make your decision to book even easier. Check out some great travel deals here.
To plan your adventurous fall vacation in Sevierville and the Great Smoky Mountains, visit us online at VisitSevierville.com or call 1-888-738-4378 for information on accommodation.