Planning a Smoky Mountain wedding and need a marriage license? It's easy. Just review the information below and decide which location is most convenient for you or apply online.
MARRIAGE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
• Both participants must be 18 years of age
• Both participants must present a valid driver’s license OR certified birth certificate along with a photo ID
• Both participants must present a social security card
• If not a United States citizen, you must present a valid passport
• If either participant has been divorced or widowed, you must know the exact date the divorce was final, or date of death. If the bride has had a name change in the divorce but hasn’t changed the name on her driver’s license, she will need to provide a certified copy of her divorce decree.
• There is no blood test
• There is no waiting period
• License must be used within 30 days of issuance
• License can be used the same day as applied for
MARRIAGE LICENSE FEES
• Out of State Residents: $41.00 cash | Visa and Mastercard are also accepted, but a small transaction fee applies.
• Tennessee Residents: $101.00 cash | Visa and Mastercard are also accepted, but a small transaction fee applies. The $60.00 fee will be waived if applicants compete a four-hour premarital course and present a notarized certificate of completion (which can be obtained through the Sevier County Clerk’s office).
WHERE TO OBTAIN A MARRIAGE LICENSE
125 Court Ave. Suite 202E
Sevierville, TN 37862
300 Pine Mountain Road
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
(located behind City Hall)
Saturday Only 9:00am-5:00pm
405 Reagan Drive
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
M, W, F 8:00am-4:30pm
MARRIAGE LICENSE PRE-APPLICATION
Save time by filling out a marriage license pre-application online at www.seviercountytn.org.
Couples must still appear in person and with a valid photo ID when picking up their marriage license at one of the listed Marriage License Centers.