SHOPPING THE SMOKIES: TANGER OUTLETS SEVIERVILLE
Style, selection, and savings in the Smoky Mountains.
You may think you know Tanger Outlets, the upscale open-air outlet center that operates 36 locations in 20 states and Canada. But Tanger Outlets Sevierville is a standout: It’s one of the brand’s most popular locations and it ranks as Tennessee’s largest authentic outlet center. Take a closer look:
• Tanger Outlets Sevierville offers more than 100 stores selling designer clothing, shoes, accessories, and more at discount prices up to 70% off retail. The line-up includes familiar brand-name stores such as American Eagle, Vineyard Vines, Sperry, Banana Republic, Disney, Eddie Bauer, Coach, Levi’s, Old Navy, Pandora, Vera Bradley, and so many more. Insider advice? “Go beyond your typical stops to discover new favorites,” says Allie French, marketing director for Tanger Outlets Sevierville. “People who investigate different stores often find new favorites.”
• The center recently welcomed several new stores including GiGi’s Cupcakes, where classic and seasonal mini cakes tower with swirls of icing; Byrd’s Famous Cookies, the Savannah, Georgia-based baker that has been producing delicious cookies for nearly 100 years; Grunt Style, where you’ll find the most patriotic apparel on the planet; and Palmetto Moon, the place to stock up on all the gear you need to show support for your favorite team.
• To better accommodate more goodies and increasing fans, several stores have recently expanded, including Michael Kors, where you’ll find award-winning clothing, accessories, shoes, and jewelry designs; Bath & Body Works, stocked with fragrant personal care and beauty products; and Simply Southern, a Greensboro, North Carolina-based brand that celebrates the preppy lifestyle.
• You’ll also find some local shops and market exclusive shops like Tennessee Homemade Wines, where local folks transform local fruits into sweet wines; J Hardy Outfitters, which offers a new, exclusive line of T-shirts, hats, and leather goods; Zadie B’s, featuring modest, classy, made-in-the-USA women’s fashion designed by Sonya Bryant; and Pepper Palace, “The Planet’s #1 Hot Shop” that sells award-winning, small batch, all-natural sauces and seasonings that are all handcrafted in Sevierville.
• Tanger Outlets Sevierville has been built in phases and grown over the years. It currently sprawls 455,000 square feet. Walk the entire center and return to your starting point and it’s easy to rack up 10,000 steps!
• Treat yourself to some tasty free samples while you shop or wait for your bargain-hunter companions. Step into Ben & Jerry’s for decadent ice cream; Byrd’s Famous Cookies for a crunchy snack like Scotch oatmeal or chocolate chip; GiGi’s Cupcakes, for iced cake bites; Pepper Palace to kick your palate awake with spice; Tennessee Homemade Wines, for sweet sips; The Fudgery where singing fudge makers produce 12 different flavors of fudge; and Smith Creek Moonshine where 12 unique flavors pack a punch.
• Several dining options are located at the center or within easy walking distance. Head to Squisito Too for pizza, pasta, or salad; The Chop House or Outback Steakhouse for steaks and more; Chipotle for Mexican fare; Nagano Japanese Grill for Hibachi and Teriyaki favorites; Joe’s Crab Shack for surf and turf; Aunt Anne’s/Cinnabon for sweet snacks; It’Sugar for sweet and sour candy; Subway for sandwiches; and Starbucks for hot and cold coffee drinks.
• Veteran parking spots are available throughout the center, clearly marked with signs. Thank you for your service!
• Save even more with a Tanger Savings Book, available at Shopper Services or online for $10, to save up to $1,675. Even better: Join TangerClub for a one-time $10 fee and you’ll always have access to deals like free gifts, shopping rewards, and other surprises. TangerClub members also enjoy complimentary access to designated parking spots in key areas across the center. TangerClub members can download the TangerApp to tap into rewards, upload receipts to bank points, stay connected with favorite brands, and be in-the-know for VIP access to events and happenings at the center.
• Tanger Outlets Sevierville is a big supporter of the Sevierville community. TangerKIDS Grants support the education and future of local youth through a series of programs designed to satisfy the needs of neighborhood schools. Each year, Tanger Outlets Sevierville opens applications to local educators to help fund specific projects to help their classrooms or school programs. In 2021, recipients included Friendsville Elementary, Anderson County Career Technical Center, North Clinton Elementary, New Center Elementary School and Sevier County High School.
Whatever fun you have planned for your Sevierville getaway, be sure to allocate some time to shop Tanger Outlets Sevierville.