Who will be crowned Sevierville's Smallmouth King of the Smokies?
Come join the fun and test your fishing skills in one of the South’s premier smallmouth
bass tournaments! A limited number of anglers will compete to be crowned Sevierville’s
Smallmouth King of the Smokies!
The Sevierville Chamber of Commerce is proud to present the first ever Smallmouth
King Bass Tournament on May 11 and 12, 2019, in Sevierville, Tennessee. Anglers will
test their skills on Sevierville’s world-class bass waters. The Little Pigeon River
and its tributaries will be the site of this two-day event that allows anglers to fish from the shore, wading, or from a kayak.
Be a part of the area’s first smallmouth-bass-only, catch-photograph-release event.
Sevierville’s waters will be teeming with thousands of migrating bass on their spring runs.
Winners will be determined by their two-day total length of smallmouth bass greater than
12 inches in length. Realtime tournament updates are sure to keep competitors and spectators
alike on the edge of their seats as anglers register their catches. Prizes will be awarded
to the top three anglers on the final day of competition.
Click here to register!
MAY 10: 6pm- Mandatory Registration Meeting- Location TBA
MAY 11: 7am- First Day of Tournament- Locations TBA
MAY 12: 7am- Second Day of Tournament- Locations TBA
3:30pm- Winners Announced- Location TBA
1) The Smallmouth King Bass Tournament (SKBT) is a catch, measure, photograph, and release tournament.
2) One hand-held rod and reel may be used at a time. No trolling or multiple rods at once.
3) No live bait - artificial lures and soft plastics only.
4) 12" or longer smallmouth bass only will qualify for overall length.
5) All fish must be released unharmed. No dragging fish up on the bank or laying them on the sand, grass, etc.
6) Nets are prohibited as mortality rates on netted fish are too high.
7) Score-able smallmouth must be caught by registered participant.
8) Score-able smallmouth bass must be caught on tournament waters during designated tournament times.
9) SKBT certified measuring devices will be used for official measurements.
10) Participants will receive real time updates of tournament catches.
11) All tournament participants must attend the pre-tournament registration on May 10th.
12) Buddy system is permitted and recommended to ensure rapid catch, measure, photograph and release.
13) All participants are subject to a polygraph test.
14) Any participant observed by any tournament officials breaking the rules will be subject to immediate disqualification.
15) The tournament will occur rain or shine.
16) Tournament waters will be designated as wading and fish-from-the-bank waters and kayak and canoe only waters.
17) No motors - electric or gas. Registered boating anglers must paddle only.
18) All participants must possess a valid state fishing license.
19) All kayaks and canoes must meet state boating requirements.
20) All participants must possess a smartphone in order to register qualifying catches in real-time.
21)Tournament rules are subject to change upon officials' request at the pre-registration meeting on May 10th.
Come join for fun and test your fishing skills in one of the South's premier
smallmouth bass tournaments! A limited number of anglers will compete to be crowned Sevierville's Smallmouth King of the Smokies!
Sevierville offers several convenient locations for your fishing gear and tackle needs.
BASS PRO SHOP - 3629 Outdoor Sportsman Pl, Kodak, TN 37764 | Phone: (865) 932-5600
DICK'S SPORTING GOODS - 713 Winfield Dunn Pkwy #5, Sevierville, TN | Phone: (865) 868-3410
ORVIS - 136 Apple Valley Rd., Sevierville, TN 37862 | Phone: (865) 774-4162
SMOKY MOUNTAIN KNIFE WORKS - 2320 Winfield Dunn Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37876 | Phone: (865) 453-5871
WALMART - 1414 Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862 | Phone: (865) 429-0029